I'm still super busy, so here is the short version:
After repeated battles with the mold, I had to admit defeat and call a full retreat. So, we moved a few apartments down but still in our complex.
Con: No power for days, but hooray for long extension cords. Pro: It's a 3 bedroom, we finally have a nursery!
Con: Literally laundering/bleaching/boraxing, rinsing and drying practically everything we own (clothes, toys, books, bedframes,etc). Still not finished, we are reaching into the 20's with loads of laundry Pro: everything is clean and we are getting rid of tons of stuff we don't really need.
Con: Replacing moldy furniture (who knew what was lurking under the beds and against the walls?)
Pro: New comfy mattresses with allergy and mold prevention covers, still waiting for insurance to maybe cover the rest of the beroom furniture
Well, back to another fun filled day of cleaning!
Death of the Tooth Fairy
8 years ago
4 comments:
Yuck! We had mold in our clothes washer once and couldn't get rid of it. I put vinegar in with the towels, but they still smelled musty when wet. I wasn't sad when that washer died. I can't immagine having mold everywhere!
Good luck in your battle!
Oh my, what a HUGE nightmare! It would be bad enough with no kids, but you doing all that with three little ones. I can't imagine. Bless your heart. I hope everything gets better for you soon.
As far as packing tips go, I don't really have any. The company paid for professional movers each time, so they boxed and packed everything. (Spoiled, I know, but the company would be insane to make people have to move themselves every eight months). Sorry. Wish I was more help.
I like the bright side of things. Once the moving is done and the stuff is all sorted, it's not so bad. Especially if insurance covers the new stuff. Here's hoping!
Oh Jen! That does not sound like fun! I feel for you guys. You've had to get new beds too?? Man oh man! Good luck!
Post a Comment