Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why?

(This post is a clever way of me complaining just a little)

Why is is that children need to do everything themselves?

Along with that-Why is it that they manage to spill 1 cup of orange juice and 1 cup of Pediasure (within 30 seconds)on a not-even-dry-yet mopped floor?

Why is is that food cannot be eaten in a highchair, but must be thrown onto the floor to be eaten as soon as they are taken out of the highchair?

Why does a certain one year old have a fascination of emptying entire boxes of cereal on said floor?-repeated times (and yes, I did finally confiscate all cereal boxes and place them safely out of reach)

Why did we store our 5 gallon boxes of water in our closet?
and...why did we stack them- when on the boxes themselves it said not to stack?

Why did it take so long for us to notice our progressively soggy closet floor?

Why is it that the clean laundry has to all be thrown out of the baskets, trampled on, folded, unfolded, folded again, and raced to the dressers before the clothes are then taken out of the dressers and then unfolded and trampled on again?

Why does mold grow on our bedroom walls by furniture too heavy to move by myself and in places I can't even get into to clean?

Why is is that right before professional Easter pictures both children have bruises on their faces that look as if they are abused?

Why does a certain 3 year old make up his own language (two isn't enough?!) and find it hilarious that you can't understand him?

Why are kids happier playing with a pan full of uncooked rice and measuring cups than store bought toys?

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Sticky floor? Check. Dumped Cereal? Check. Folded and then unfolded laundry? Check. You must have been at my house.

I think everyone has these 'why' moments. I hope you get through yours smoothly. Pres Monson said we'd miss these things someday, but when you're living it, it sure seems like a someday DECADES away.

I'll add another one. Why do the bigger kids have to leave their markers where the two year old can reach them? She colors her legs and arms almost daily, and when I wash off purple, blue, or red it doesn't come off all the way and she looks bruised.

I think I'll start counting down to bedtime... ;)

Abbykins and BeccaBee said...

I think maybe floor food has more flavor... dunno. Abby does the same thing haha. She eats frozen peas a lot and she seems to be able to find them all over the house - I guess she was saving them for later??? And we've done the cheerios dumped on the floor but Abby dumped them on the carpet... then danced on them... then rolled on them...*sigh*