Thursday, November 22, 2007

We are learning!

Spencer and I went to the the Culver City emergency preparedness fair. Due to the fact that we now live in an earthquake zone, we decided to learn what extras we might need for our 72 hour kits and our family emergency plan. It was very helpful and they gave Spencer his own backpack full of emergency gear. Now even the baby has her 72 hour kit prepared! We pray we will never have to use them.

Spencer has learned his numbers 1-10 (7and 1 he mixes up sometimes)and he knows the letters in his name, plus some extras. I will post a video as soon as I can get it to work on this blog. So far no such luck.

Mommy is learning more gluten-free recipes and has now added lactose-free to her repertoire, since Spencercito seems to have developed quite the intolerance to milk besides his ever-present wheat allergy. Some great recipes we have tried include pizza (with rice flour crust), rice pancakes, rice bread/rolls, and gluten-free pasta. Of course he also inherited our love of mexican food which is his main staple. We are thankful for corn tortillas!

0 comments: